Monday 13 June 2011

Undressing

Many DS purists will be quite upset with me about this but I am quite adamant about what I do and don't like on any car, especially my DS.

So out came the scalpel and I took off all the original stickers from the windscreen, rear screen and dealer sticker from the boot panel. I also removed and sold the Venetian blind from the rear window. A lot of people love these but I don't for two reasons; firstly they do obstruct visibility to the rear and secondly (most importantly) they make a real racket with the windows down at speed.

This car is not going to be a museum piece - it is going to be driven regularly and hard.

2 comments:

  1. 'Driven regularly and hard'... that's good. That's what car's sometimes need. Our GS 1220 will be likewise prepared for a life on the road, through some challenging courses. I can't wait to put our cars together one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a bit of luck it'll be your rally in France next May, Phil!

    ReplyDelete