Monday 13 June 2011

Getting started

I've always loved the Citroen DS and when I found the car that is now mine for sale online I knew I had to have it.

I collected her from West Sussex in April 2011 and drove the 250 miles back home to North Yorkshire. I didn't really think about the fact I'd be driving a 38 year old car all that distance, took it on faith and she made it without a single problem.

With this blog I am hoping to track the progress I make in turning her from a slightly tatty cruiser to a classic rally/racer. Once done I will be racing her in various events. Not many people know that Citroen have a rich history in  long distance rallying, the pic below is of a race prepped DS.



The dream is to enter her into the Monte Carlo Rallye Historique (which the DS won in 1959).

So the fun begins. I'm ready for a real wallet bashing...

No comments:

Post a Comment